We took you in for your 9 month check-up and found out what we already knew: you weigh nothing. You're not even on the chart, actually. You weighed 14 lbs. Dr. Salek got kind of mad at me and told me to fatten you up. You're doing a lot better at eating baby food, so that helps, but you still don't love, or even like, solid food. I break up puffs for you and you gag them down. I've tried banana too....nope. You love to feed yourself paper though! (You absolutely love trash. Your favorite thing to play with is fruit snack wrappers and other things that crinkle.) As for height, you were in the 60th % for that. And your head...I didn't get the measurement or percentile, but it is a little bit of a funny shape. I had to take you to a plastic surgeon to see what he thought about it. He said it was mildly misshapen. The back is pretty flat on one side, which I'm not too worried about because you'll have hair. But the front is ever so slightly tilted (no one has ever noticed or pointed it out to me...even I had to point it out to the pediatrician). One cheek is fuller than the other because your whole head is off kilter a little bit. One ear is farther forward than the other (which you don't notice). So the plastic surgeon said that it's too late for a helmet, and that as your brain grows it will push your skull bones out and round them out more. Daddy and I aren't worried because it is SO MILD, you really don't notice it. So we'll see how it grows out!
You started crawling a few days ago, Aug 28th. You like to stand up being held. You like to say "hassat" (what's that?). You have lots of little sounds, I wouldn't classify them as words yet: mama, mada, whaaaa, raspberries, lots of shrieks. When you cry because you're mad (like when I put you in the carseat) you cry "mamamamama". You LOVE animals. We took you to the zoo and you kicked and waved and hyperventilated every time you spotted an animal. And you always say "hassat?" It's so cute. You also love Robbie's dog, Ziggy, and any animal you see on tv. You go crazy over all of them. You have started doing a funny trick. Reese used to do it, we called it "Crazy girl". You shake your head "no" for a long time and get your body into it. You love to give kisses and they are so sweet. You open your mouth and lean in. Love it. You hug me a lot, like genuine hugs. You hold onto my ear or my hair when I'm holding you. You love Saylor and Beckam. You LOVE Paxton and want to touch him and kiss him all the time. I think it's because he's close to your size...? You don't like it when I leave. The stranger anxiety started a few months ago for you, I feel like it happened early.
You still wake up to eat at night, twice. You're eating every 3 hours still. YOU ARE STILL NURSING! It's a record among the Bairds and the Dahls. You win! You take 3 naps a day: one at 9 am, one at 1 pm, and usually one at 4 pm (if we're home). And you sleep from 8 pm to 7 am (not all the way through though, waking twice to eat at 2 and 5).
Everywhere we go people comment on your beautiful eyes. EVERYONE says how beautiful they are and how cute you are. You're so smiley and are always so happy! You are such a good girl and we LOVE YOU!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment