Saturday, July 16, 2011

Update!

You are such a happy, sweet, smiley girl! I love your little sunny disposition. Natalie says that your "default face" is the most pleasant one ever. You smile at strangers (!) and laugh easily, too. You like to talk and yell. You love to lift your hips and bum up off the floor, which makes it hard for me to put a diaper on you!
You started sitting up in the middle of May, at 6.5 months. You still don't sleep through the night. You eat every 3 hours, almost round the clock. You take a nap between 9 and 10 am everyday, and again at about 1:30 pm, and 4:30 pm. Then you go to sleep "for the night" at 8 with the other kids.
We started you on baby food. You're not a huge fan so far. You like to spit it out as soon as I put it in your mouth (like blowing raspberries). You gag a lot over it and just don't really love it. I started with squash but you hated that. So I sweet potatoes, no go. So I tried fruit and so far you prefer bananas over applesauce. It's still a struggle though.
You like to stand up with me holding you more than you like to be on your tummy. When you're sitting, you like to lunge forward onto your hands, then you rock a little bit, so I think you'll crawl sooner or later.
You're 8 months old now and you STILL don't have any teeth....not even any signs of teeth.
You still like to make that funny face where you suck your lips all the way in. It's my favorite thing in the world. You look so cute!! Everyone is ALWAYS commenting on your beautiful blue eyes. They also all say you are so tiny. 2 people in 1 day said that they thought you were 3 months old until they saw you sit up! I told them you were 8!! You're so beautiful. You're bashful too, I love it. You'll smile and people and then burry your face in my shoulder.
On the 4th you didn't love the noise of the parade (surprise, you're one of my children), but you tolerated the fireworks and watched them on my lap for a few minutes before you fell asleep.
I love how sweet you are and how much you love Saylor and Beckam. They love you so much and love to help with you. Saylor thinks you are the funniest thing ever. Today she said "Mommy, aren't you glad that Heavenly Father and Jesus sent us the cutest baby?" and I agree...you're the cutest. Beckam is so mindful of you and is always asking if you're asleep, and then he whispers when you are. He likes to hold your hand and kiss you. They absolutely love you.
You LOVE dogs. Robbie got a yellow lab named Ziggy and you practically hyperventilate whenever you see it. You get so excited, even when just looking at pictures of dogs. It's so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment