I think I missed a week in here somehow. Oh well. We've had an eventful few days with you! We had an appointment 2 days ago. Everything looked good with you: you're head-down (nice and low), you only weighed 5-ish lbs so Dr. B says you're small and you'll probably only be a 6.5 lbs baby. I'm at 122 lbs, up 1 from last appointment. We were surprised to hear that I'm dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced! I was told to go into Labor and Delivery if I had contractions 5 to 6 minutes apart for an hour.
Here's where it gets exciting. The next day (yesterday) at 2:30 I started having pretty regular contractions (not painful, as usual). At 3:00 I started writing them down and noticed that they were coming 2 minutes apart. I started to get nervous and called the dr's office. The nurse there told me to take a bath to try and slow them. I started to feel sick to my stomach before I could even get into the tub! Then my heart started racing and I was feeling uncomfortable and just not right. Adam raced home from work and we all went up to McKay. They hooked me up to the monitors and watched me for an hour and a half. The contractions never stopped but I wasn't progressing so they sent us home! The contractions continued through the night and some were even intense enough that they woke me up. I was told to go to the hospital if any of them are painful. I don't trust that nurse's word though so we'll be keeping a really close eye on everything. I'm stressed out!!!
We think we've got your name picked out: Sienna Hope. You like that? We'll see if it fits you when you get here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment